09 October 2008

And We're Back

After five weeks of missed appointments, phantom phone calls, and pathetic customer service, Verizon finally installed our internet today. Five weeks!

In any case, that means I'm now free to develop this site away from work, which is a big relief and quite exciting. I'm looking forward to using the miniscule pockets of time I will have as best I can to put my own spin on the election, politics in general, the role of the media in politics, social networking, literature, philosophy, etc.

Unfortunately, my time is going to be even more pinched than I had expected for the next two months -- I've decided to take the December LSAT and rush in applications to Yale and Harvard, in the hope that one of them can save me from the poor decision I made to work -- at a marketing research firm, no less. If all goes well, I'll be a law student next fall; if neither school bites, I'll polish my credentials and apply to a full cycle next fall for fall 2010. Hopefully it won't come to that.